Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Life after School

As graduation is fast approaching I have been constantly thinking about my future. What will I do? Where will I work? Who will I meet? Questions like these repeatedly run through my head causing me to lose focus and build anxiety. At the same time, I find pleasure in knowing that I have the ability to form my future in whatever I want it to be. The part of not having a structure or time line of how and when I should achieve things in my life is both completely terrifying yet exciting. In these last few weeks of school I have done much self-reflection on what I have already achieved, and how I have achieved it. Sure there are things I wish I would have done differently, but ultimately the decisions I did take have lead me to where I am today and today I find myself grateful and happy of who I am. This constant talk of “the real world” and how I need to prepare for it no longer worries me, but then I come into a full cycle of worrying because I’m not worries.   

No comments:

Post a Comment